Prepare your home
Prepare Your Home
IT’S IMPORTANT FOR POTENTIAL BUYERS TO BE ABLE TO FOCUS ON THE KEY FEATURES AND ASSETS OF YOUR HOME, AND IMAGES POSTED ONLINE MAKE AN IMPORTANT FIRST IMPRESSION.
Please complete the following preparations in order to show your home at its best:
ADDITIONAL CHARGES WILL APPLY IF YOUR PROPERTY IS NOT PHOTOGRAPHY READY UPON ARRIVAL
ADDITIONAL CHARGES MAY APPLY IF APPOINTMENT IS CANCELED WITHTIN 24 HOURS OF SET APPOINTMENT MIN- $50
Please do not schedule any other jobs or maintenance work to be done the same time the photographer is on site.
Due to the current COVID-19 climate, properties should be vacant of anyone other than the photographer while photography services are being performed. The photographer will not touch or move anything inside the property therefore it is extremely important everything is photo ready upon arrival. If the photographer is meeting a homeowner or agent, upon arrival, masks must be worn by all parties. After the initial meeting they should vacate the property or at minimum step outside. All of the below preparation tasks must take place BEFORE the photographer arrives to avoid fees.
- De-clutter, de-clutter, de-clutter
- Turn on all lights, and make sure all light bulbs are working
- Straighten all lampshades
- Turn off all ceiling fans
- Open up all blinds and curtains. If there is an ocean or scenic view pull the blinds all the way up or open.
- Open all doors except to closets
- Turn off all TVs and computers
- Clean all surfaces including tables, countertops, etc.
- Clean all flooring
- Remove all personal photographs or renderings which identify the owners / family
- Remove all newspapers and magazines
- Make sure all drawers are closed completely
- Hide all garbage cans
- Remove all children’s toys
- Remove all pets and pet items
- Remove all smoking materials
- Straighten pillows
- Remove coasters
- Remove blankets / afghans
- Turn TV off
- Keep everything on the countertops to a minimum
- Remove everything from on top of and inside the sinks including soaps and sponges
- Remove all magnets and other items from the outside of the refrigerator
- Remove all dish cloths, kitchen towels, pot holders
- Remove all items from on top of the refrigerator
- Straighten paper towel holder
- Straighten or remove all floor mats
- Make all beds nicely with the spreads even and dust ruffles straight and even with the floor
- Arrange all pillows neatly on the beds
- Turn TV off
- Hide all clothes and shoes not already in the closets. Hang clothes neatly in the closets or hide them under the bed.
- Remove all personal items from the countertops and inside the shower/tub. This includes soaps, toothpaste, makeup, razors, medications.. everything that is not a decoration.
- Ensure the toilet paper roll is hanging neat
- Put all toilet lids down
- Hide tissue boxes
- Hang bathroom towels neatly and straighten bath mats
- Clean mirrors
- Neatly arrange balcony / patio furniture
- Remove all temporary signs from the yard including For Sale, For Rent, as well as political signs
- Remove all vehicles from the driveways and if possible do not park directly in front of the property
- Roll up or hide garden hoses and garden tools
- Hide / conceal trash bins
- Perform lawn maintenance such as mowing, edging, blowing, leaves removed, etc.
- Clean the pool and pool area. Turn on pumps for waterfalls / spillways in the pool area